Get Free Email Updates!
Join us for FREE to get instant email updates!
A Dragon In Miami
It’s phase one of my big December trip. I’m typing this sitting in South Pointe Park, on the edge of south Miami Beach. The sun has just gone down and I’m looking over the water to the distant highrises of downtown Miami to my right and the deep ocean to my left. Here's the right side.
-By Caleb Jones
While my schedule during my two-day stay here in Miami is packed pretty tight, I can still give some basic impressions of Miami, especially south beach where I’m staying. My hotel is one block from the beach, right in the middle of the best part of Miami. So please note that my impressions below are really of south beach and a little of downtown Miami, which I’m sure is not completely representative of the rest of the Miami area.
1. Miami is beautiful. I don’t throw that word around a lot when describing various places I visit, since everyone says wherever they live is “beautiful” whether it is or not. However Miami lives up to the hype. The people, the streets, the buildings, the trees, the cars, the beach, it’s all beautiful. And surprisingly clean. Very impressed.
I'm also very surprised at the lack of homeless people and beggars here. A nice, warm place like this often attracts such folks like magnets, yet Miami (at least this part of Miami) hasn't become a cesspool of bums like San Francisco, for example. Interesting. (I'm not saying there are none here. There are. Just much less than I was expecting.)
2. I didn’t really understand what “south beach” meant. I have always thought that south beach was just a little strip of land out on the water, like Harbor Island in San Diego. Imagine my shock on the taxi ride over when I see that south beach is actually a full-on Manhattan-like island chock-full of shops, bars, restaurants, and high rises! Consider me educated now. I honestly had no idea.
3. Women have bigger boobs here. Now let me be specific about what I’m saying. Women with big boobs are everywhere because women in the western world have gotten so fat that everyone has bigger tits now (including men). Women here have bigger boobs even though they’re skinny.
It was a little surprising to me until I realized why: the racial makeup of the area here. There are very few 100% pure white people here (minus the tourists). Yeah, there are “whitish” folks like Hungarians and mixed races, but very few pure whitey crackers like me. For various reasons, many of which I don’t understand, this equates to bigger boobies. Some of may be due to the prevalence of fake tits but that doesn't explain all of it, since many of the bigger-chested women I've seen and talked to here are clearly too young or too poor to afford such a procedure.
Regardless, it’s very nice. I could have a lot of fun here if I had more time.
4. What’s with all the Hungarians here? I expected Miami to be flooded with Cubans, not Hungarians. What a surprise. Not that I’m complaining. Many of these Hungarian chicks are super hot.
Why doesn't every city have this? It was also a great cardio supplement after my resistance training this morning in my hotel room with the resistance tubes I always travel with. (To the fitness nazis: Don't bother to comment that resistance tubes are not as good for building muscle as dumbells. I already know that, thanks.)
By the way, the whole rental bike thing is a great example of a “green” program that actually works and is a great idea. I love the environment and protecting it is one of the areas in which I agree with the liberals. The problem is, for many years the libs were shoving this “green” crap down our throats and making a mess of things, but in the last few years many ideas have come to light that I think are fantastic, and it’s only going to get better. Every city in the world should follow Miami’s Decobike model. Very, very cool.
6. They don’t have cottage cheese here. I asked the dude at the corner grocery if he had any, and he looked at me like I was insane. (It reminded me of the experience I had as a kid visiting New York for the first time when I asked for milk at a pizza joint.) Oh well. I got some swiss cheese and some sausage to hold me over until I hit the Bahamas.
7. Big national news has followed me. Software mogul John McAfee of McAfee Anti-Virus fame was living in Belize with his 20 year-old girlfriend (he’s 67) until he became a person of interest in a murder case. So he fled to Miami by faking a heart attack (you can’t make this shit up) and is now sitting in a hotel literally one block from where I’m staying. All the local and national news media vans are lined up on the street, following his every move. Here’s a picture I took of all the news vans a few hours ago:
Crazy shit, and it’s all happening right in front of me. He has two girlfriends apparently, one age 20 and one age 18. Well, at least he’s doing something right. He was also out on the street earlier posing for pictures with tourists and joking about the murder case. God bless crazy old Alpha Males.
8. People in south beach are very physically fit, without a doubt. I’m not saying there are no chubby people here, but I am saying there’s very few of them. The women are skinny and trim with big boobs and the guys are muscular. It’s like walking around in a Hollywood movie.
9. So I’m cruising along the beach paths on my Decobike, and what do I see, lounging around the beach rocks, but a bunch of cats. Cats? What the hell? A bunch of fat stray cats, living on the beach? Sure as shit. Cats are awesome, so I pulled over, got off the bike to go say hi, and sure enough, these cats ran right up to me and gave me a look that said, “Alright asshole, where’s our food?”
How cool. A bunch of smartass cats living on the beach, living off the scraps of tourists. This is another thing I’ve never seen. Two things in one trip, and I’ve only just begun.
One of them was very nice and I wanted to take him home with me. However I don’t think he would have made it through Bahamas’ customs. Oh well. Catch ya next time, Scrappy.
Then they vastly overcharge you for their mediocre food. For the final assrape, they do that sneaky thing where they automatically add an 18% tip to the bill and change the line normally reserved for the tip as the “additional tip”.
What a bunch of shitheads. I love capitalism but this is one of the very few times it really pisses me off. I was hungry so against my better judgment I stopped by one of those places and ate an overpriced salad that end up costing me $24. $24 for a normal sized salad and a glass of water that you eat sitting on a table on the sidewalk. I could see the waiter’s eyes flash with anger when I told him all I wanted to drink was water.
“Just water sir? I just wanted to let you know, sir, that we have margaritas, mimosas –“
“No thanks, pal. I’ll just take the water.”
“Alright. Would that be flat water or bottled water or sparking water or-“
“The kind of water that comes in a glass and is free. Usually with pieces of ice in it.”
Oh, he didn’t like that. He probably pissed on my salad.
11. The beach here kicks ass. I like it better than the beaches of California or Mexico. It’s just so calm and relaxing, with that beautiful east coast green water that looks so alien to my west coast eyes. If you didn't already know, the ocean on the east coast tends to be green, but on the west coast it tends to be blue.
Here's a few pics I snapped while I was taking a break on the beach:
All in all, Miami is extremely cool. I'm officially a fan. Definitely coming back here next year. I’m even tempted to have the next American Blackdragon Retreat here.
Next stop, Bahamas!
Want over 35 hours of how-to podcasts on how to improve your woman life and financial life? Want to be able to coach with me twice a month? Want access to hours of technique-based video and audio? The SMIC Program is a monthly podcast and coaching program where you get access to massive amounts of exclusive, members-only Alpha 2.0 content as soon as you sign up, and you can cancel whenever you want. Click here for the details.
Get Free Email Updates!
Join us for FREE to get instant email updates!
Socialkenny 2012-12-16 08:49:27
We wanna see pics! We wanna see pics! We wanna see pics! Is that too much to ask for BD?
Blackdragon 2012-12-16 09:02:55
If you're asking for pics of me there will be tons of them on this blog and my other sites when I start promoting the book in a few months. I'll have no choice at that point. And I thought you unsubscribed from my blog? Keep your temper under control if you want to comment here please.
Socialkenny 2012-12-16 09:07:04
Ok good to know. That's exactly what I was referring to. A step outside of the anonymity box. I couldn't locate your site under the unsubscribe menu after searching for hours, so I just said to hell with it and left it. Doesn't mean a thing though. Good to hear that you'll be going big soon. Sent from my BlackBerry® device
Blackdragon 2012-12-16 09:17:00
My name is Caleb Jones. I've never been very anonymous, just good at branding. 🙂
Socialkenny 2012-12-16 09:37:45
Oh ok cool much respect now man. And it makes sense too because you do have a podcast show also. Guys who are anonymous don't do podcasting. Sent from my BlackBerry® device
Socialkenny 2012-12-16 09:45:21
Ok, let me stick to the script. As far as girls in Miami having bigger boobs. How about the possibility of those being implants? I believe that a high # of Miami HB's sport implants. As for South Beach, I totally was under the impression that it was a strip or just the southern end of Miami Beach or some shit like that lol. I never knew it was a mini island in a sense like Manhattan.
ellie210 2012-12-16 12:01:50
That's awesome, Miami looks and sounds totally cool. I was planning to visit California again sometime in the future, but maybe I'll try Florida instead. I've never been to Miami before and from what I remember as a kid, Orlando and Disney World were fun places! Yeah, those green friendly transportation programs are cool as well. In my city Toronto, we have the same bike sharing program called BIXI. I heard they have something like that in San Francisco as well for cars, like a big car sharing program. Apparently you pay a monthly membership and the amount of time you spend driving. It's a lot cheaper than owning a car and paying for insurance. I'm going to see if my city has a program like that here. Driving in my city is very expensive. If I were to drive and own a car here, it would cost me around $6000 a year for insurance!
peter 2012-12-16 15:59:17
It's nice to put a face to the man. You look much less disheveled and much more suited-up than I expected haha. And I didn't know you had another blog on time effectiveness!
peter 2012-12-16 16:13:28
Is your "life manual" for sale?
San Franciscan 2012-12-16 20:42:17
SF has TWO car share companies...Zipcar and City CarShare. I wouldn't want to own a car here, because it's superexpensive to park where I live and I don't need a car to commute. So yes, Zipcar is awesome. No decent bike sharing here, though. Sounds like I gotta visit South Beach.
hindusach (@hindusach) 2012-12-17 18:55:34
Dude, do the blackdragon retreat in Miami... Flights to Miami from pretty much everywhere on the east coast US are cheap. You'd get a lot of interest. Living here, I'll tell you the big boobs is probably a Hispanic thing. Yes Miami is the sh*t.
Blackdragon 2012-12-18 09:12:59
Nope. Many copyright violations if I did that. 🙂
Sofia Alston 2013-01-09 00:01:59
Topless sunbathing for Europe has been popular in Europe since the mid 1960s, but it only started catching on in Miami during the late 1980s with a sudden influx of European tourists (there have been segregated nude beaches since the 1970s).
AJ12345 2015-11-05 09:42:29
Just saw this post. Most of Miami is a slum. You visited a very wealthy, expensive, and touristy part. Miami-Dade County has a lower per capita income than Detroit. It's a great place to visit and to be wealthy. I lived there for ten years and would have to drive through massive slums just about everywhere to get anywhere nice outside of South Beach.
Blackdragon 2015-11-05 13:58:24
Downtown isn't slum either, and the women down there are hot too. You're right about Miami-Dade though.
AJ12345 2015-11-08 08:55:59
Yes. Lots of hot women. Thanks for you blog, by the way. I enjoy it.
joelsuf 2016-10-15 15:39:03
Most of Miami is a slum. You visited a very wealthy, expensive, and touristy part. Miami-Dade County has a lower per capita income than Detroit. It’s a great place to visit and to be wealthy. I lived there for ten years and would have to drive through massive slums just about everywhere to get anywhere nice outside of South Beach.Very VERY accurate. I grew up in the entire tri-county area of South Florida and the only places that are cool are the places around the beaches and the touristy areas. It isn't just Miami-Dade either. Everything else more or less awful. Great place to visit, horrible place to live.