A commenter at Scott Adams blog unwittingly describes exactly why America is screwed…
I voted for Obama twice. The first time, in my mind, he was a good guy, standing up to the political class. I knew nothing about his pedigree or how he was groomed by the political elites for the position or how he had ridiculous numbers of communist teachings ingrained into him from birth (That’s probably just a RINO bunch of hogwash, but I find it to be believable) and all the rest of that. I just liked him. Yes, he was not playing the race card in the ‘race’ to the election. He seemed a good man, and on the right we had Warmonger Johnny Mc’Cain. It seemed an obvious choice.
The biggest thing I wanted him to do was shut down Guantanamo Bay. He never did. That coupled with all his other failures made me hate him. In 2012, it was him VS Romney. Once again, Obama got my vote. Why?
In my mind, Romney was just as bad as Obama, with a dash of racism, and they both even supported almost identical healthcare plans. A vote for Romney was a vote for Obama in my mind. So effective was the media campaign that I figured “Obama sucks, but how bad could another 4 years of him be compared to 8 more of Romney?”
I think many view it this way.
He’s absolutely right. It’s not many who view it this way, it’s most voters who view it this way. The American voter follows a two-step process:
1. He votes based not on the quality of the person, the track record of the person, the honesty of the person, or even in many cases the views of the person, but rather how that person makes him feel. Clinton felt your pain. George W. Bush seemed like a guy you could have a beer with. Obama was a nice guy. The fact that all three of these men are lying, corrupt, murderous sociopaths doesn’t matter at all.
2. When presented with Two Evils, he shrugs and picks one of the perceived “lesser” of the two Evils instead of voting for a third party or abstaining. He thinks it can’t be that bad and that it’s probably no big deal. How bad could it be? Then a few years later, that same voter is shocked, shocked! that the Evil he voted for has now resulted in all kinds of evil, for him, the country, and the world.
Obama is such a knee-jerk level of disgust in my mind that anyone who evokes an image of him instantly loses my vote.
Right. That’s what happens when you vote for Evil, lesser or otherwise. He went from liking Obama, to tolerating Obama, to hating Obama. People who voted for Bush twice during the 2000s followed the exact same path.
Has he learned anything? Nope. You can guarantee that in the next election, like most voters he’ll be happily voting for the New Evil (Hillary, Sanders, Trump, Rubio, Cruz it doesn’t matter) and will thus cause more evil in the world and here in America. More lies, death, debt, and authoritarianism. The concept of abstaining from voting, voting for a third party, or leaving the country won’t even occur to him. Societal Programming will see to that.
Therefore, Evil wins. Every time. It’s a genius system.
America is now comprised of four groups of people:
1. People who don’t vote because they aren’t intelligent or informed enough to do so. About 35% of the population, 0% of voters.
2. People who are somewhat intelligent, rational, and informed who choose not to vote because they know it doesn’t accomplish anything. Some of these people, like me, see the writing on the wall and are looking to move out of the country at some point in their lifetimes. About 10% of the population, 0% of voters.
3. People who are somewhat intelligent, rational, and informed who do vote, but only vote for third parties that can literally never win because of ballot access laws, debate commission regulations, and other legal roadblocks created by the establishment. About 1.5% of the population, 3% of voters.
4. Irrational people like the commenter above who consistently vote for Evil, a.k.a. the two party system, and make everything worse. About 54% of the population, a mind-blowing 97% of voters.
This is why no major problem in America will ever be fixed, and everything will keep getting slowly worse (technological improvement notwithstanding).
Enjoy the decline!
Want over 35 hours of how-to podcasts on how to improve your woman life and financial life? Want to be able to coach with me twice a month? Want access to hours of technique-based video and audio? The SMIC Program is a monthly podcast and coaching program where you get access to massive amounts of exclusive, members-only Alpha 2.0 content as soon as you sign up, and you can cancel whenever you want. Click here for the details.